Now Recruiting: Communications Executive
Human Race Events, organisers of the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run, are recruiting for the following position.
Job Title: Communications Executive
Location: Clapham Junction + Home Working (Hybrid)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £24k
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in running, triathlon, and cycling. The company is part of ASO, one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably the Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
We have created a new role to support the wider marketing team reporting into the Marketing Campaign Manager. Human Race organises some of the country’s leading running events including the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and the adidas Manchester Marathon. We also have a strong portfolio of other sporting events in cycling and triathlon such as the Dragon Ride and Royal Windsor Triathlon.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals, values and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a triathlon we’ve run for 30 years or a major event in central London.
The role requires a minimum of two days working from our new office in Clapham Junction, with the remaining days working from home. You will be required to attend meetings on other days, as well as attending a pre-planned number of our events.
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race include….
- Free entry for you into any of our events – including ASO events in Europe
- 5x free entries for friends and family – with discounted prices after that.
- Regular Social events including a summer party, Christmas party, post event drinks, as well as unscheduled but regular monthly events
- Cycle to work scheme – we love to ride!
Purpose of the Role
The Communication Executive will lead on informing our participants about the upcoming events they are signed up to, as well as supporting our PR efforts. This requires writing informative and engaging copy for all our events, ensuring it matches specific brand tone and voice which will differ depending on the nature of the challenge.
After being properly on-boarded, the Communications Executive will build and send communications emails, each one reaching up to 30,000 people.
- Work both with the marketing team and other departments to understand the communications needs for each event.
- Be key day-to-day representative with our PR agency.
- Write communications for each event that match the tone of the brand, including key information.
- Create website content as required, including stories that will highlight the work of our partners and official charities.
- Lead on organising several magazine-style event guides each year.
- Endeavour to progress how we communicate with our audiences, including striving to make our content as personalised and relevant as possible for each person.
- With the Marketing Manager
- With the wider marketing team
- With key contacts in other departments including partnerships, participant services, and operations.
Skills and Experience Required
Excellent copy writing ability, including being able to write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Personable and passionate
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing
- Customer centric and ability to sympathise with our participants
- Basic Photography skills
- Understanding of PR
Previous work experience within a marketing team would be preferential
- Examples of copy writing, including articles, blogs, or emails
- Work with PR agencies or alongside a PR team
- Experience building and sending HTML emails would be ideal, but not essential
A passion for sport or endurance sport is not a requirement, however it would be beneficial. If not, the ability to be able to quickly grasp the cultures around the different events and their audiences (for example event tone, understanding triathlon rules etc) is required.
- Full clean driving licence would be useful
- Experience working on events would be beneficial
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends (time in lieu will be granted in return)
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Michelle.Taylor@humanrace.co.uk by the deadline of Monday 15th August 2022.