We are delighted to welcome our new official training partner for the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run 2024, Runna. Rated the #1 training app in the world, Runna brings you the ultimate training guidance to smash your running goals on event day.
Throughout your journey to the start line in February, Runna will be providing expert advise on running, nutrition, injury prevention and much more which you will be able to view here. Find out more about how to claim your two week free trial of the Runna training app below and meet the Runna team, stay tuned for more exciting training content which will be released in the lead up to the event!
Runna will be offering all Cancer Research UK London Winter Run participants exclusive access to the Runna training app for two weeks for free. Simply click the button below to download the Runna training app and begin your two week free trial.
Ben has spent 6+ years as a professional running coach, helping everyone from beginner runners to elite athletes. Ben is also a certified England Athletics Coach, IRONMAN Coach, Personal Trainer and Pilates Instructor as well as being one of the founders of Runna.
In his spare time, Ben is a keen athlete himself and competes within his age group at IRONMAN events with multiple finishes. He also enjoys ultramarathons whilst holding a Marathon PB of 2:34. Ben also recently qualified for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships.
Steph was Team GB's fastest marathon runner at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games, so she knows a thing or two about running! Steph's first marathon was the 2018 Berlin Marathon and since then, she's gone on to run a time of 2:27:16 from when she won the 2021 UK Olympic Marathon Trials.
Steph loves coaching athletes of all abilities from 5k to ultra marathons.
Beth is a British Olympian and British record holder for 5km with a time of 14.41. Beth was selected to represent GB at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games where she competed in the 10,000m event. She finished 6th place with a time of 30:30.14! Beth is excelling in British Triathlon and She finished in third place at Super League Triathlon Neom, the final event of the 2022 season, her podium finish at the event secured her 4th place in the series overall.
Aidan is a senior MSK Physiotherapist with 6+ years experience and a speciality in treating lower limb injuries in runners and triathletes. He is passionate about helping runners progress through their journey pain-free and reducing the risk of injury.
Aidan completed a higher certificate in Sports and Exercise Physiology in Carlow IT back in 2013 and graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree at The University of Brighton in 2015. He is also studying a part time MSc in Sports and Exercise medicine.
Beginner’s checklist: 8 boxes to tick before you start running with Runna.
Are you excited about starting your running journey but feeling overwhelmed on where to start! Let’s cut through the noise with Runna‘s straightforward checklist for beginners:
- Define Your Why: Understand the reason behind your aspiration to run. It’s the bedrock of your motivation.
- Follow a Training Plan: Skip the pricey coach and opt for a structured plan that suits your ability and schedule.
- Select the Right Trainers: Prioritise comfort and fit over fancy features; they’re crucial in injury prevention.
- Invest in Running Socks: Avoid blisters with quality running socks instead of standard cotton ones.
- Consider a Running Watch: While not essential, a watch can be a useful tool for tracking your progress and staying safe.
- Wear Comfortable Running Apparel: Choose lightweight, weather-appropriate gear for ease and protection.
- Focus on Nutrition and Hydration: Fuel your runs with a balanced diet and stay hydrated for optimal performance and recovery.
- Find Running Companions: Join a community or running club for motivation, accountability, and fun.
Remember, it’s about starting simple and building up as you progress. Happy running!