Virtual Winter Run Launches
The Cancer Research UK Virtual Winter Run; back for 2020 is bigger and better than ever before! This year the event will consist of two challenges for you to take part in from wherever you are in the world! From January to March you can enter as many of these challenges as you like for free! All you have to do is pledge to raise £50 for Cancer Research UK whilst you complete the challenges. You even have the option to purchase an exclusive Cancer Research UK Virtual Winter Run Medal to commemorate your completion of the event and the amount you have raised for Cancer Research UK.
Why do the Cancer Research UK Virtual Winter Run?
- If you weren’t able to grab a place for the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run in February 2020, this virtual running experience lets you feel the Winter Run series spirit whilst enabling you to raise money for the same great cause.
- If you are already running the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run 2020, the Virtual Run is a great opportunity to boost the amount you have fundraised for Cancer Research UK and is a fantastic way to keep your training on track for the big event in February.
- Because you had a lot of fun over Christmas but want to start the new year with a health and fitness kick, so the challenges of the Cancer Research UK Virtual Winter Run are a great and easy way to do that from wherever you are.
- The Cancer Research Virtual Winter Run provides a great and meaningful way to train for your next long-distance running event.
What are the challenges?
- Run 40km by the end of February, whilst raising a minimum of £50 for Cancer Research UK! Through out January and February we will be announcing fun prizes that you can win at the end of the challenge for the participant with the furthest distance ran and the for the participant with the most amount of money raised for Cancer research UK.
- In March the challenge will be to run 20km a week whilst raising a minimum of £50 for Cancer Research UK! We will be announcing more fun prizes that you can win at the end of the challenge for the participant with the furthest distance ran and the for the participant with the most amount of money raised for Cancer research UK.
- If you are feeling really strong, go ahead and enter both challenges!
How do I enter and how does it work?
- Hit the enter now button below where you will be taken to the Active portal to register for free.
- When you register you will be given the option to enter either or both challenges.
- When you register for your challenges through Active, you will also have the chance to purchase your exclusive Virtual Winter Run 2020 Medal. Medals will be sent out a week after each challenge finishes.
- Once you have entered the event, you will then receive a confirmation email which will include your link to set up your EverydayHero fundraising and campaign pages for Cancer Research UK for you to compete in the Cancer Research UK Virtual Winter Run 2020 .
- You can track your runs using Strava, Map My Fitness or Fitbit. Alternatively, you can track them manually by adding them to your Everydayhero page. These apps are compatible with the Virtual Winter Run, so you’ll be able to see how your challenge is coming along.
Now you are all set to get running and fundraising. Good Luck!