Share your ‘why’ and inspire others!
Here at the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run, we are always fascinated by the stories and experiences of our runners. It is both touching and uplifting to hear your reasons for running in the event, and it makes us even prouder of each and every one of you for taking part.
So, this time around, we are looking for people like you – yes, you – to submit a short video for our social media channels telling us your ‘WHY’ for taking part in the event. We believe that this can show others what the event is really about, while shining the spotlight on the fantastic people, like you, who make it happen!
How to share your reason for running:
- Grab a smartphone and film (or ask somebody else to film) yourself sharing your reason for running in the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run. This could be directly personal, or something that involves someone you know. Check out our tips for filming a successful video:
- Film in natural daylight – perhaps just after you’ve finished a run.
- Tell us your name, where you’re from and why you’re running.
- Fundraisers – show off that merchandise! We love to see everyone rocking their Cancer Research UK tops and bobble hats, so don’t be shy!
- You could also tell us what you’re looking forward to most about the day, how many times you’ve run in the event (if relevant!) and give some words of encouragement to your fellow runners.
- WhatsApp or text your finished video to (+44) 07519 122295 by Friday 3rd February. By sending your video you are giving Winter Run permission to use it through our official channels.
It is recommended that your video is between 5-15 seconds long. We can’t wait to hear from you soon!